Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Business Trip

Tomorrow morning I head out to visit one of our sibling companies located in the States. This group has been Agile even longer than we have, but adopted Scrum where we opted to create our own blend. Very recently, they decided to start using Story Points for their estimates, instead of Ideal Hours, and are bringing in a trainer to help introduce the concept. I've been invited to attend that training, to see if any of it would be applicable for our office. I blogged about my love of Story Points over four months ago, and nothing's changed my opinion in the meantime. Attending two training sessions last summer hosted by Mike Cohn made me a believer, where Story Points are concerned, and I've seen them used effectively - though not yet consistently - at work over the past eight months. I'm genuinely curious to see how they're brought into this other group, and how they're received there.

I'm not sure what my Internet situation will be while on the road, so it's possible that you won't see much blogging from me this week. On the other hand, I may have more free time in the evenings than I know what to do with, so connectivity in my hotel room - if I have it - plus no comics to read could equal Blogathon 2007!

No comments: