Friday, April 06, 2007

This Week's Lost

While not as good as the last two episodes, "Left Behind" still had some good bits in it. I loved the scenes involving Kate and Juliet, although it once again raised the question: why the Hell are the castaways not asking more questions of the Others when they encounter them? I suppose you could argue that they don't feel they could believe any answers they get, but you'd think they'd at least try! Anyway, I was glad that Kate found out that she'd broken Jack's heart back in the cages, and the look on her face as Juliet told her was priceless.

The Sawyer plotline was really dumb, only slightly redeemed at the end with the interesting notion of him as a leader. I'll have to see where they go with it before deciding if it was worth the silliness of him trying to be nice, though.

Kate's flashback was notable, of course, for bringing together her and Sawyer's ex-, who's carrying Sawyer's unborn child around in her at the time. One of the big unknowns of the show is whether there's any reason behind the various intersections of the characters in flashbacks, or if they're all just coincidences. I think the more they pile them on - as they did here - the more I'd like for there to be an explanation, but I'm doubting there's going to be one.

Perhaps the most interesting development was Locke signing up with the Others. While not exactly resolving the cliffhanger from two weeks ago, it still managed to progress it slightly. And the fact that the Others told Locke enough about Kate to seemingly turn him somewhat against her is intriguing. How do they know so much about the castaways??

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I liked it a bit more than Expose, though they've both slowed the momentum up a bit. I liked the "rumble in the jungle" that I had been looking forward to all week because of the catchy slogan. Given that Jack returns to the beach next week, I can't imagine Sawyer's stint as leader will be all that meaningful. Beth=Cassidy, btw. You might be thinking of Beth Broderick who plays Kate's mom. Anyways what I liked the most were the revelations about the smoke monster: it's not a security system for the Others like we (or at least I) had long believed, and it doesn't like the sonar post things. This is all presuming that Juliet is telling the truth, of course. Which I really hope she isn't and maybe Jack will kill her himself... wishful thinking, I know ;)