Thursday, September 06, 2007

More Proof Of Moore's Genius

I sometimes forget that there are still (lots of) people on this planet who don't appreciate just how amazing a writer Alan Moore is. He's been at or near the top of my list - of best writers, period - since about a year or two after he started writing comics for DC (in the early to mid-80s). As far as I'm concerned, he's unquestionably the Wayne Gretzky of comic writing, existing at a level that no one else comes close to or ever will.

And then I read this little essay by acclaimed Science Fiction/Fantasy author Michael Moorcock, in which Mr Moorcock eloquently sums up exactly what sets Alan apart from the rest, and I realize that the creator of Watchmen, V for Vendetta and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen truly is in a league all his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

High praise from a fellow author. I've always been a big fan of Moorcock so it is interesting that he is a fan and that he also dabbles in comics.