Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Veritable Explosion Of Creativity

In addition to getting up at 6 a.m. on Saturday to write a work blog entry - which started the weekend off on a strange enough footing - I somehow found myself overcome with a desire to work on "the Agile book" in the past 24 hours. Last night, I wrote two chapters, back-to-back - an unprecedented occurrence - and followed that up with a third one this afternoon, accounting for an additional four thousand words this very weekend!

Floating around in the pool an hour ago, Vicki decided to quiz me on the titles of each of the (now) nine chapters written, and wouldn't you know: I could name them all!

I figure I'm now maybe a quarter of the way done, based on how many chapters I expected (forty-ish) as well as my ballpark for word count (fifty thousand, of which I've written just over twelve). Since I've been at it for about a month, and have already experienced peaks and valleys in terms of productivity, I guess that means I could be wrapping it up sometime toward the end of the year. That week off over Christmas and New Year's could come in mighty handy, now that I think about it...

No comments: