Monday, September 10, 2007

Writer's Block... Not.

I haven't written a single word (or any married words) for The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (theoretical) book of mine in a week now. It's not a matter of being blocked, but rather one of finding the time when I can "get in the groove." Unlike professional writers, or even the amateur types who exhibit more discipline than me, I tend not to write except when I'm in the mood for it.

That'd be no way to behave if I was doing this for a living, but the reality is: I'm not. I have a full-time job, and it pays better than any writing gig ever would for a person of my dubious authoring abilities. When I write, it's for me. So when I've got too many other things on the go to be able to slow down, breathe, and focus on writing, I just don't. And I've decided that I'm not going to beat myself up over it, either. I hope to be back at it soon - later this week, even - but it'll happen when it happens.

No comments: