Wednesday, September 12, 2007

You Know You've Had A Busy Day When...

At 6:05 p.m. today, while still at my desk at work, I suddenly realized that it was Wednesday, after 6:00, and I hadn't biked to the comic store to pick up this week's pile of four-colour shenanigans (the comic store closes at 6:00 on Wednesdays). The sinking feeling that overwhelmed me then was not unlike what a parent might experience, upon remembering that he or she was supposed to pick their child up from soccer practice about an hour ago! Except, of course, that this involved something at least a gabillion times more important than the social schedule of some stupid kid!

I missed buying my comics for the week!

Now, I'm sure there are one or two people out there reading this - perhaps a fan, still recovering from a severe blow to the head, or possibly someone who only landed on this website after mistyping "kimono" into a search field - who don't quite get the significance of this occurrence. "What's the big deal?" they might ask, in their quaint, please-don't-euthanize-me-for-being-stupid way. For them, because I truly, deeply care, here's the (as they say) "big deal." The fact that I forgot, for most of the afternoon, that it was Comic Day means:
  1. I was busy at a level I almost never allow myself to be because bad things like this happen!
  2. My memory's not as good as it used to be, because back in the day I'd never lose sight of something as important as there being new comics to buy!
  3. I'm booked into meetings solidly from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, leaving no time to address this horrendous situation before late in the day... by which time, some of the stuff I want may have been bought by other people.. who aren't me!!
  4. I feel all out of whack tonight, since my entire body knows that I screwed up.
  5. There is no 5th item on this list, but no one will have read it this far to figure that out.

So if you see me tomorrow and I look all out of sorts, you'll know why.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number six: There is NO number six!

(Had to be done.)

Anonymous said...

It is like a total eclipse of the moon happened! Or a freak of nature flipped over our patio table or something...the universe just is NOT aligned!

Anonymous said...

AgileMan 1.0 would have never let that happen...

Anonymous said...

Aw so sad ... the comic store really closes at 6? That's ridiculous.

T said...

How could we as a group ever let such a thing happen? Each one of you took that same oath the day the meteor crashed in Kansas. We were to mentor and aid Matt in his mythic quest or do you all forget? Remember, with great power comes great responsibility and we can't let such a tragic event ever, ever happen again.

Your truly, Supremus

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

What Tim said!!