Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shameless Ploy To Draw Comments

Just a bunch of random thoughts that occurred to me for no particular reason:

I wonder what a die-hard Buffy fan would consider the best three episodes of that show? I certainly know what my own Top Three Babylon 5 picks would be, but do fans of the Vampire Slayer play favourites the same way? Hmmm...

Does anyone really care about the environment anymore? Sure, it seems like people are waking up to the importance of it, but is anyone really doing anything to conserve energy or reduce their gasoline-dependency? I bet no one is!

What's the most efficient algorithm for determining if a random integer is prime? Has anyone ever even considered that question before? Is it even solvable?

And are there any good live performers in the SouthWestern Ontario area these days? I imagine there must be, but who would they be? Does anyone even go to concerts in the twenty-first century?

What about George Bush appearances on The Simpsons? I seem to recall George Senior appearing, along with Barbara, but what about Junior? Has he been lampooned on that show yet?

A topic that never seems to get talked about, and yet you'd think it'd be damn popular: yoga! Why's no one raving about the benefits of that particular exercise regimen, I can't help but ponder?

Speaking of which: was yoga ever featured in an episode of Seinfeld? It must've been, considering how under-appreciated that sleeper hit series was, combined with the quiet appeal of the art of yoga!

In fact, I wonder if they have yoga classes at Google? If only I knew someone who was fixated on that cool company, who might be able to shed some light on it! Oh, if only!

And wouldn't it be awesome if there were comic books that featured ninja assassins in them? Now, I'm a pretty well-read comic guy, but even I can't think of a single offering that satisfies that wacky concept!

If you think ninja assassins in a comic book's wacky, what about local plays that feature actors and actresses who only act in their spare time? Is that crazy, or what? Some of them, I'm told, are even bankers and insurance salespeople during the day... and only act at night! They're like were-actors! It's true!

Oh, and finally: I wonder where I left my pants. Has anyone seen my pants?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes shameless! Bored were we?

Pagan Mnemosyne said...

Favourite Buffy was any episode with Sarah Michelle Gellar in it. Oh, okay, the singing one. That I liked.

I'm still looking at the pic of Canary and Arrow and wondering just what in hell I'm looking at.

Anonymous said...

I'd say general consensus would be something like: omwf, hush, becoming pt2. maybe the body.

T said...

Yes, this is shameless.

Local Music Concerts coming up that I'm really really excited about include 2 Minute Miracles and Rizdales cd release parties in Oct and Nov. The 2 minute miracles have this fantastic band from Vancouver called OX opening up. I know that if I say, 'they sound EXACTLY like Jason Molina' you will at least check them out.

So they sound exactly like Jason Molina with pretty female backing vocals:

http://www.myspace.com/oxmusic

Listen to 'Sugar Cane' especially.

Wed Oct 10th. $8.00. This is a deal.


Rizdales follow on Sat Nov 3rd. $5.00. Again fantastic deal. Not going to pass you over a link, one has to work up to full scale twang slowly.

T said...

'A topic that never seems to get talked about, and yet you'd think it'd be damn popular: yoga! Why's no one raving about the benefits of that particular exercise regimen, I can't help but ponder?'

Do I swear at you and give up in frustration, or do I put up with this and blindly hear about more stomach/back/skin/sleeping woes.

I tell yah, if you get into it, it will at least help with all of those things.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

LOL!

Pwned!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Kid Dork: That shot of Dinah and Ollie is just another example of safe sex, as your parents probably told you about all those years ago. In this case, you'll notice both participants still have their underwear on - a very important fact! - and when the man became too amorous, she let him have it straight in the neck with one of his own arrows!

Sadly, this was their wedding night, though...

Anonymous said...

Pwned?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

From Wikipedia:

"The slang term Pwn (see pronunciation note below), used primarily in the Internet gaming culture, means to "own" or to soundly defeat an opponent. It is sometimes used for taunting of an in-game enemy and gloating over victories. It can also be used, especially by non-gamers, in the context of getting "pwned" by The Man."