Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Word Count

One of the side benefits of having pasted my blog entries into Word docs is that I could finally discover what my word count here has been, to date. I figured it had to be well over 100,000 by now, but would've been surprised if I'd reached half a million. In fact, I'm right around 400,000, which isn't too shabby for a year's output.

That's roughly 6 to 8 times the number of words that I expect to end up with in my Agile book, if I do, in fact, manage to finish it. I wonder, in this age of easy self-publishing, if bloggers ever simply compile their favourite blog posts into a collection, and call that a book? Kind of funny if they make readers pay for such a compilation, considering that it's all right out there, for free!

In other news... there is no other news.

No comments: