Saturday, November 15, 2008

If You're Into Destruction...

...then you should definitely take a gander at these incredible clips from the Killzone 2 Beta that's underway right now (I'm not in that one, as I'm too busy with Resistance 2 at the moment). What I see in K2 reminds me of the grand tradition of "total environmental destruction" in the Red Faction franchise (PS/2), where most of your surroundings could be blasted apart if you worked away at it. The difference here, of course, is in the quality of the graphics... just check out the level of detail in the bits of granite that come raining down!

The game isn't scheduled for release until February, but that's just fine by me. It should go on sale right around that time that I start to burn out on Resistance 2 anyway, and it'd be pretty sweet to move directly from one awesome PS/3 game to another!

[Update: here's some actual in-game video if you'd like to see the gameplay.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The short clips had me drooling.

Could you image a deathmatch map where by the end of it you're scrambling over a pile of rubble? Real physics... take out too many columns and the ceiling caves in.

now THAT would be fun.