Monday, November 17, 2008

Some Lost Goodies

You can find a few interesting tidbits about my favourite television diversion, Lost, simply by clicking here. Warning: Some might consider there to be spoilers in that write-up, but I didn't find anything in there that's ruined my anticipation of the final 2 seasons. Of course, if you're currently behind in your Lost-watching, perhaps because you watch it on DVD and Season 4 isn't out just yet, then you certainly might have a different reaction! Forewarned is forearmed! (Not to be confused with four-armed, which is a heck of an advantage in a sword fight!)

3 comments:

Boneman8 said...

Final TWO seasons? I thought we were approaching the 5th and final season...

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Sometime around the end of Season Three, I believe, ABC announced that Lost would have a definite end date, rather than simply running along aimlessly until low ratings eventually killed it. At that time, they indicated that there would be 48 more episodes to come, which some (including me) interpreted as meaning two more 24-episode seasons.

However, they then announced that each of Seasons Four, Five and Six would be 16 episodes long (for a total of 48). Because of the Writer's Guild strike a year ago, though, Season Four ended up being only 13 episodes long. Season Five, we've been told, will be 17 episodes long, and therefore I guess the final season (the 6th) will be 16, 17 or 18 episodes long.

I hope this clears things up on that front. Two more seasons of Lost await us, totaling something around 33 - 35 episodes.

Boneman8 said...

Thanks...I wasn't aware of that breakdown. I thought they would simply split them across Seasons 4 and 5. Woo hoo!