Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Immortalized In Comic Book Form


Six months ago (almost to the day), I blogged about how artist Gene Ha was looking for bathroom graffiti to use in the background of an upcoming issue of Top 10. (Gene's also the talent responsible for the sketch of Vicki and I which adorns this very blog!) At that time, I mentioned that I'd contributed a few ideas, which you can read in the Comments section of his blog post here if you're interested.

As you might be able to see from the photo provided, Top 10 Season Two # 2 came out recently, and there, for all the world to see, is a scene in a woman's washroom, filled with graffiti. You'll probably have to click on the photo to make it big enough for scouring, but so far I've spotted two of my suggestions. The first, which is a timeless classic that I can't claim authorship of, Gene changed a bit to make it more superhero-related. It went from:

"Here I sit, broken-hearted,
Dropped my drawers and only farted."


to

"Here I sit, all broken-hearted,
Tried to flame-on and only farted."


I'd actually modified it myself, as the 2nd line that I'd always heard was "Paid my dime and only farted." Of course, that only works if it's a pay-toilet, which would hardly be the case in a police station (where this scene takes place).

Even more gratifying, though, was Gene's choice to include another of my contributions in a location that results in it being repeated several times! Showing up (in full or in part) within 4 panels on that page, adorning the outside of the bathroom stall, is:

"Open this door, take a good look, and see if you don't agree - "What a dump!""

Dare I say... I couldn't be prouder!!

No comments: