Friday, November 14, 2008

More Watchmen Movie Mania

There's a new trailer out for the Watchmen movie, which you can watch here, among other places. What I like about this one, over any of the trailers that preceded it, is that it puts forth a more coherent narrative of what the main story at least starts out being about. I think it would be a huge challenge to produce anything of that length that really sets up the entire epic tale, but even just hooking people with the "someone's picking off superheroes" angle may be enough. (I also like how they've continually referred to the comic series as "the most celebrated graphic novel of all time" in these trailers, as I'm sure that that's contributed somewhat to non-comics people going out and buying up copies of the collection.)

The jury's still out on whether the film will be any good or not - and seeing Silk Spectre outrunning an explosion does nothing to improve its odds in my mind! - but it can't be any worse than LXG (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)... can it??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen LXG! We should buy that video!

T said...

more craptastic slo-mo.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

For once, Tim, I can't disagree with you...