Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You Really Can Learn Something New Every Day!

We'll file this one under "Poop Culture References" (which fits very nicely with my previous post about Gene Ha using a couple of my suggestions for bathroom stall graffiti!)...

I came across this article about game-maker Blizzard's response to the recent news story of a child passing out from exhaustion after playing World of Warcraft for 24 hours straight. In it, there are repeated uses of the word "poopsocking," which I'd never heard before. How could I continue to operate in such an ignorant manner, you may well ask? Well, simply put: I could not!

Here's the Urban Dictionary's set of definitions for "poopsock":

1. A sock that is used as a temporary contained[sic] for faecal matter.
2. A vital part of any dedicated EverQuest player's equipment. A poopsock eliminates the need to go all the way to the bathroom, which wastes valuable levelling time.
3. An insult used to refer to an obsessive MMORPG player who gains an unusually high number of levels in one day.


The single best approach to a long and happy life: never stop learning new things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh