Saturday, November 08, 2008

Yet Another Resistance 2 Post

I stopped playing early enough tonight that I'm hoping to avoid a repeat of last night's debacle. I also made a point of getting up and moving around between each Co-op session this evening in recognition of the fact that this 45 year old body of mine doesn't seem to like sitting in one position for hours at a time like it once did. Boy, were my neck and back ever out of whack last night!

So my Medic is now a level 19, I believe. I'm a Corporal, and I've accumulated more than one million experience points (XP). You read that right... I have over 1,000,000 XP already! I suspect that by the time I'm through with this game, I'll have gained several dozen million more, but there's nothing like the first time.

What strikes me as really funny right now, though, is that I've had the game for 4 days, have spent over 20 hours playing it already, and have yet to even try the Single Player Campaign! I'm really looking forward to it, and can hardly wait to get into it... and yet I keep going back to the Co-op every time I power up the PS/3! That should give anyone reading this a good indication of just how much fun this game's Co-op mode really is! As I was saying to Vicki tonight, it's a different game each time I play it, thanks to the fact that the various skill levels of the (up to) 8 players on the team actually affects what the game throws at you! How cool is that? I'm sure that at some point in the future I'll tire of it, but with six different maps and that much variety to each one, it may take me a long time to get there.

It's really wonderful when something that you've eagerly anticipated for months, building up ridiculously high expectations for it in the process, comes along and actually lives up to your idealized notion of how great it should be. More often Life throws disappointment your way in that situation, but I'm happy to report that Insomniac Games completely delivered the goods with this $60 package!

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

I am happy to say that over the weekend I started the single player campaign, have played the competitive deathmatch, and spent most of my time in co-op mode. I don't have 1,000,000 XP, however...I have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 200,000 I believe and am on the verge of being promoted to Private First Class.

Anonymous said...

Where's Matt gone?