Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Glad We Don't Have "Black Friday" In Canada

If we had big, blowout sales on the same day of the year at most of our stores, I'd be worried about losing a loved one in some sort of crazed shopping incident, like this. There seems to be at least one of these sad-but-still-somehow-funny tales every year, and today was no exception. I know there are some monster discounts advertised for the day after U.S. Thanksgiving, but are they really worth lining up overnight for, or even risking your life in the pursuit of, just to save a few hundred dollars on a big screen TV or kitchen appliance? I know that it wouldn't be, for me... and I'm pretty tight with my money (especially now).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just so stupid. I'll bet Walmart rethinks crowd control or offering such discounts.