Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Studying Update

I've finished researching Green Lantern (I covered his first several appearances in Showcase, and then the first 25 issues of his own title) and have typed up my notes. I've given myself the rest of the day off before plunging into a new area, which I also have to decide on. In years past, I've covered off (and have notes on) the following:

Action Comics and Superman
Adventure Comics (Legion of Super-Heroes, Supergirl)
Amazing Spider-Man
Avengers
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Flash
Justice League of America
Strange Tales (Human Torch, Dr Strange, Nick Fury)
Tales of Suspense (Iron Man, Captain America)
Tales to Astonish (Hulk, Ant Man, Sub-Mariner)

I'm considering diving into Lois Lane (so to speak!) and *ahem* Jimmy Olsen, since those are two characters we get asked a lot of questions about and I'm never familiar enough with, but... I'm missing a lot of Silver Age issues of both runs, which makes it harder to get a really good feel for them. Same deal with X-Men, where I probably only have about 2/3 of the Silver Age issues. The other obvious glaring omission is Batman and Detective Comics, of which I have lots.. but they're just so bad during that period (it coincides with the campy TV show).

I'm leaning toward bringing up the 18 issues of Silver Surfer next, just because it's such a short run, and a great one! Even if there wasn't a single question asked from that series, it'd still be time well-spent!

If anyone out there wants to throw Silver Age questions at me, maybe from something they read in Wikipedia or elsewhere in their travels, please feel free (I need the practice!) Basically any Marvel or DC superhero-ish title, from 1956 to 1969, is fair game.

No comments: