Sunday, July 08, 2007

Wikipedia Fun

While checking my facts for the answer to yesterday's Silver Age Comic Trivia, I noticed that the Wikipedia entry for the Secret Six had one the wrong name for one of the characters. Instead of Crimson Dawn, they had "Kit Langman" which means absolutely nothing to me, despite having read six of the seven issues of the 1960s Secret Six series. At first I thought maybe it was the real name for the character, since "Crimson Dawn" sounds like an alias, but additional investigation could only yield that her real name was Kim "Crimson" Dawn. So I decided it was time I joined the Wikipedia community! I created a Wiki alias (Kimota94, of course) and corrected the name to be what I believe it to be. I guess we'll see if my change gets reverted by someone who knows better.

Having crossed this threshold now, I suppose now I'll feel more compelled to correct boo boos as I see them in the future. Up to now I've just "tsk tsk"ed anything like that when I've come across them.

No comments: