Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Bad Week For Marvel

Admittedly, this is highly anecdotal (basically, just me, and just this week) but I was stunned to notice today that, of the 11 comics I bought, only 1 was from Marvel (New Avengers). I had 7 DC titles (a typical total), 1 Dark Horse (Martha Washington Dies), 1 Image (Madman Atomics Comics) and 1 self-published (Nexus). In other words, Mike Baron and Steve Rude (self-publishing Nexus) made as much money off me this week as all of Marvel Comics did!

And it wasn't like there weren't a lot of Marvel titles this week (there were). But with no Ed Brubaker titles out, and little else to keep me interested in the line these days (other than World War Hulk, which had a spin-off title debut today but it didn't appeal), one title was it!

No comments: