Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yeah, She Looks The Part (Hopefully She Can Act)


This is the new face of Supergirl (or Kara Zor-El), who'll be joining the cast of Smallville next season. She's Torontonian Laura Vandervoort, seen by some as "Sadie Harrison" on Instant Star (never heard of it, myself). Laura's headshot here gives her a certain... credibility... as the Last Daughter of Krypton, in my mind, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen her in a few episodes. (Please don't let her be a skank! Please don't let her be a skank!)

Longtime Smallville viewers will recall that we thought we had been introduced to Kal-El's cousin in the show a couple seasons ago, but that turned out to be a trick played on Clark by a mere Earth girl.

Funny how we get our first big screen Gwen Stacy (Bryce Dallas Howard) in Spider-Man 3 and now a for-real Supergirl in Smallville, all in the same year. Is someone just trying to get on my good side? (It may work!)

No comments: