Monday, July 09, 2007

What I Did Today (July 9th, 2007 Edition)

Having slept in until 10:38 a.m. this morning, I didn't really accomplish much today, as I might've imagined I would on my first official Vacation Day. I got a swim in (with the noisy neighbours hooting and hollering in the background, unfortunately), added some water to the pool (I think when the boss's kids were over yesterday they must've drunk it down an inch!), put in the automatic skimmer (which the creepy crawler then promptly pulled out, while I wasn't looking), read a couple Silver Age comics and made some notes on them (Showcase #s 23 & 24, also known as the 2nd and 3rd appearance of Hal "Green Lantern" Jordan) and played a couple hours of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It wasn't a bad day at all, but I can't help but feel like I loafed the day away (probably because I did).

I didn't write anything, except for the odd blog post, despite the fact that I know I need more material for any theoretical self-published book. I didn't get any further in my current book - Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem - even though I certainly enjoyed what I read of it on Sunday. And I didn't check my work e-mail (oh wait... that's a good thing!)

For some reason, the number of hits on this website shot up today, according to Google Analytics, to nearly double my recent average. I can offer no explanations as to why, but beggars can't be choosers. Of more significance within that set of data: I can see Tammy's little dot out there in Vilnius, Lithuania (hi, kid!)

5 comments:

Mike Marsman said...

glad to see that retirement is agreeing with you! ;)

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

It's only practice retirement so far, Man from Mars!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the hits are mine...
With you not here, I don't have any errands to run and I'm pretty bored.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Oh, geez, did I forget to tell you, AgileBoy? I got a shipment of 200 packs of Planning Poker cards in on my last day, but I dropped them and they're all mixed together on the floor of my cube. I was hoping maybe you'd spend the six weeks sorting them....

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's meeeeeee.