Monday, July 16, 2007

What I Did Today (July 16th, 2007 Edition)

After spending most of yesterday in bed or on the couch, sidelined with a wrenched back, I was happy just to be pain-free today!

I read a lot of my book today (Motherless Brooklyn) and quite a few Green Lanterns, and enjoyed the warm-but-mild weather - even going for a swim - and that's about it. No game-playing, as I think too much time with a console in my hands late last week may've contributed to the back problem, and no bike ride, although I'd hoped to get the latter in. I've been having some leg pains over the past week, which I expect is due to not exercising the muscles at all, but I didn't trust my back enough today to venture out. Hopefully tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the things you should consider for vacation would coming to a yoga class. As the sufferer of a bad back for a number of years I found nothing worked - docs, drug, massage therapy, alcohol, Chiros etc, until Yoga.

ie:

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/posefinder_search.cfm?all=LS06&x=12&y=14

(say these all three times with me)

Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose)
Bharadvajasana I (Bharadvaja’s Twist)
Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose)

and many many more. Really, you don’t have to thank me.

Anonymous said...

Is that Yoga or Kama Sutra???

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

LOL!! Good one, Boneman!

Anonymous said...

yoga helps karma sutra and vice versa