Monday, December 08, 2008

Books!

This morning, around 11:09 a.m., 4 boxes of books arrived, courtesy of FedEx. This was the single biggest book shipment I've ever received, and I spent the next hour getting all 50+ copies of More Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Year 2: Easier Said Than Done) and The Complete Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Two Years of Lessons Learned in Going Agile) unpacked, checked over and sorted out. There was enough bunched up paper and bubble wrap packed with them to choke an elephant, but by the time it was all cleaned up I had myself 3 nice stacks of books to admire.

I had hoped to arrange with the reviewers and other contributors to get them their books tonight, but various events conspired against me and it doesn't look like much of that will be happening. I'll have to see if peoples' schedules are more accommodating tomorrow, and then Wednesday is the general release day for most of my former co-workers downtown. Such fun!

No comments: