Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Something To Put A Smile On Your Face

I laughed out loud several times reading this article on the Freakonomics blog in which a letter writer asks for help in figuring out whether to move out of his cushy, "live with step-dad and have almost all of my expenses paid for me" setup that he finds himself in. He's apparently developed a case of "self-loathing" but on the other hand doesn't want to potentially kill the goose that's laying those golden eggs for him! You just have to read some of the comments that he's garnered from the readers so far! I'm only partway through, but my current favourite is:

"Is your name Brad? And if so are you my brother?
— KG"

And just for the record: Tammy, no such sweet deal exists with your own step-father!! So don't get any ideas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol don't worry i'd noticed!

Anonymous said...

I liked this response:

Have children. I don’t have any, but I hear that it really lights a fire under your butt.