Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Dark Knight, A Best Picture Candidate?

I'm pretty skeptical of its chances, but apparently others aren't. I'd be delighted if TDK garnered some nominations in the more serious categories, and thrilled if it actually won some of them, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. I mean, sure, it's the best film I've seen this year, but as in years past, I probably won't have seen many of the nominees before Oscar night.

Now, Ledger as a posthumous nominee for Best Actor wouldn't surprise me that much. He was pretty amazing, and I'm looking forward to my third viewing of his performance when the movie arrives here (in DVD form) next week! Or maybe I have to wait until Christmas for that one... I can't remember anymore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DVD Form!?! With a PS3 and big screen tv that movie is begging to be watched on Blu-Ray!

Anonymous said...

I think you are NOT buying anything between now and Christmas Mr Shutin....and yes that includes packages delivered like magic to the door.