Thursday, December 04, 2008

It's Like A Fart On An Airplane

Ethan Vansciver is best known as... OK, let me start again.

In comic book circles, Ethan Vansciver is best known as an artist of considerable talent, having worked with Geoff Johns to reclaim Hal Jordan from the grave in a beautifully-illustrated mini-series a few years back. He's currently working hard to repeat that trick, but with Barry Allen in the place of test pilot Jordan, even as we speak. I really like his work, and you would too, if you were into comics and had just as much good taste as I do.

What I didn't know about him, though, was that he's funny. Really funny! I only learned it by reading this, the third in a series of Newsarama columns that he's written. (Needless to say, I'll now by tracking down the first two!) I challenge you to follow that link and not at least crack a smile, unless you're this guy. And it's not like you even have to know anything about comics to enjoy his piece, or even have the fantastically-good taste that I was born with! Even comic book agnostics can appreciate his jabs at the silly parts of Life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny guy...I'll be thinking about airplanes all day!