Monday, December 22, 2008

Team Deathmatches Are Better

After giving up on kill-everything-that-moves Deathmatches in Resistance 2, I somehow ended up trying the Team Deathmatch type of Competitive play (I play my new clan for that). The downside of TDMs is that I have to resist the urge to shoot my own teammates (not because it does them any harm, but rather because it wastes ammo); the upside is that I have friends around me who may end up drawing some of the enemy fire away from me. And I switched away from my former favourites, the Bullseye and Carbine, opting instead to play almost exclusively with the Marksman, which is a nice halfway compromise between a sniper rifle and a combat rifle. I'm quite taken with this gun now, despite the fact that it's a pale shadow of the supercharged version that my Level 30 Spec Ops owns in Coop.

I'm still not having stellar results, but at least it's less stressful... and I occasionally even run out of ammo before dying, which almost never happened in Deathmatch! So that's something..

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

I've actually played more Team Deathmatches than all out Deathmatches...simply because I stink...so there's a better chance that my TEAM will win than I will win.