Friday, December 12, 2008

A Well-Timed Survey

Today I received an online survey request from BestBuy.ca, and the timing couldn't have been better (from my point-of-view). Not only did I have a trio of complaints to express from various transactions over the past year (see the list below), but I also had the very recent experience of going to pick up my order only to have to stand in the same line as the "Returns/Exchanges" people. That "economy of scale" (from BB's perspective) meant that my 2-minute interaction was delayed for about 15 minutes while various customers ahead of me settled in to recount their life's story to one of the two available salespeople, as apparently said tale pertained somehow to the item that they now wanted to return or exchange. After 10 minutes of standing in line to pick up the item that I'd ordered online - to avoid dealing with issues like this! - I was about to give up when I finally got to the head of the line and didn't end up storming out of there as I'd decided to do.

So I complained about that whole flustercuck in the survey, as well as:
  • having to print off the confirmation e-mail before being allowed to pick up my item in the store, rather than simply providing a confirmation # and credit card for that purpose
  • having to print off the $5 Reward Zone certificate, rather than having them scan my card and apply it electronically
  • not being able to pre-order an item and then pick it up at the store on the release date (as I'd wanted to do with Resistance 2, among others)
Perhaps nothing will come of any of that feedback, but at least I tried!

No comments: