Monday, December 15, 2008

If Only More Crime Stories Ended This Way

I got a kick out of this story, in which a college student returned to his dorm room to find that his XBox 360 console was missing. He still had one of the wireless controllers for it, and was able to use the controller to locate the missing 360 in another room in the building.

I've often dreamed of being able to tag all of my possessions with cheap, hard-to-spot GPS-emitters. Having suffered through two break-ins at the last house (and the loss of my entire CD collection during one of them), it would be so sweet to be able to track a signal to the thief's house with a couple of cops in tow and say, "I'd like all of my stuff back, and these nice policemen would like to talk to you about possibly going away for awhile..."

No comments: