Sunday, December 07, 2008

Some New Additions To The AgileMan Blog

I had an idea for the Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan blog a few weeks back which I'll be putting into action later this week (once the 2nd AgileMan book is "out"). I think it'll be a positive addition to the site, but we'll just have to wait and see what kind of responses it gets.

Vicki also made some good suggestions today, along the lines of using that blog to promote some of my "special talents" (no comments from the cheap seats, please... it'd just be too easy!). She mentioned that my "Introduction to Agile" presentation, given a couple of times now in the form of a university lecture, could probably be transformed into something that would help people who were considering a move to Agile assess the pros and cons of it. That's obviously very much in keeping with the goal of the AgileMan books themselves, and so seems like a natural outgrowth of that work. So I'll be seeing if I can figure out how to advertise work of that sort over on the other blog later this month.

And finally, it occurred to me that the Story Point workshop I designed and facilitated several times last year in my capacity as Agile Manager might be worthwhile to offer up as a service on the Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan blog. In thinking back on it, the material was entirely portable, as it didn't rely on anything unique to the company that I worked for, such as our suite of products or even the *ahem* unique terminology that we'd coined (as shown when I took it on the road to San Francisco with great success). I've no idea if there's really any market for that type of training, but there's no harm in putting it out there and seeing if anyone nibbles, I suppose. I've got to start bringing some money in somehow, after all!

Even if it all comes to naught, at least this stuff should keep me mildly entertained (and feeling productive) between now and the end of the year!

No comments: