Saturday, November 18, 2006

And Still I Babble On, My Friends

The wife's out on the first of several Girls' Nights Out tonight, leaving me with lots of time and no guilt over doing whatever the Hell I feel like. I've managed to get my unread comic pile down to a thin slice of what it had grown to recently, and caught up on some of the recent comic news I'd been ignoring, slim pickings though it was.

And then I thought I'd go looking for more details on the Babylon 5 news that PeterJ has been mentioning of late. I found at least one good site for this, a Lost Tales page within the Zocalo, a more general B5 site. B5: The Lost Tales is the first of what will hopefully be a series of direct-to-DVD movies set in the Babylon 5 universe. JMS himself is writing and directing the first installment, which it appears will feature two stories involving Sheridan, Lochley, and Galen (from Crusade). Assuming the DVD sells well enough, the next one will include Garibaldi (and presumably others). Certainly I'll do my part to boost sales, as even the worst B5 episode or television movie is still worth watching; and when they're good, they're amazingly so. No release date for the first one has been set yet, as far as I can tell, beyond "sometime in 2007." Just one more thing for me to look forward to next year, along with Spider-Man 3, the next hardcover installment of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, more than a dozen back-to-back new episodes of Lost, maybe some new issues of Nexus, and tons and tons of things I haven't even heard about yet, I'm sure!

All of sudden I'm getting kinda sick of 2006, know what I mean? OK, I'm kidding. I don't ever want to be guilty of wishing my life away, after all. Enjoy it while it lasts, I always say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice the passing of the days already... so little time, sigh.

Anonymous said...

And what about 24?