Monday, November 13, 2006

It's All In The Wording

Latest version of Blogger has a sign-on screen, much like the old version. Both have a checkbox after the password field, labelled Remember Me. Now, with the old version, if you checked that box and correctly entered your password, then through the good graces of the Internet Fairy (or possibly cookies), you wouldn't have to go through that the next time you tried to go to the Blogger dashboard (or the time after that).. you'd just be taken there directly. And that was a good thing!

With the new version, it still remembers me... just not my password! So I can click that box 'til the cows come home but I'm still having to go through that screen, and enter my password, every time. I can't find a link to use to complain, but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.. right? (And just what testing could they possibly have done on that field if the one thing it's supposed to do, it doesn't?)

2 comments:

Peter Janes said...

Perhaps the remember password bookmarklet would help?

Anonymous said...

Testing? So you think software companies test now? Hmmmmm...

They either don't test or else they design the most user-unfriendly feature they can think of....quit amazing that the masses don't just revolt...but no we embrace PCs and windows..sigh