Thursday, November 23, 2006

What To Do, What To Do?

I found out today that a co-worker managed to buy a PS/3 through his Costco membership but doesn't really want it as he doesn't have an HD TV ("thrill of the hunt" was how he described his reason for buying what he didn't actually want). He hasn't even opened it yet, in fact. He's offering to sell it to me at cost (approx $950, as it's the 60 Gig version with the extra controller and 2 games). I'd jump at it (since I have the money all ready to go) but Vicki brought up the excellent point that I may not be able to use the warranty if anything's wrong with it. First, someone else bought it, not me (although he's offering to give me the receipt along with it). Second, he may've bought it long enough ago that I wouldn't be able to register the warranty "within 10 days of purchase" which I think is Sony's rule. And third, if it required going back to Costco to use the warranty, we're not members so they might just tell us to pound salt.

So do I just go back to patiently waiting for one to become available at a store (sometime in the next few months) or take this opportunity that's just presented itself to me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard they're not very good! But don't listen to me. Personally I'd wait until it reached a more reasonably <$500 level.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a PS3..but will probably just get a PS2, keeping with my typical pattern of being 1 version behind. But more than that, I can probably think of more practical things to spend THAT much money on right now.