Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Top 10 Reasons Why I Never Get Enough Sleep

10) Thinking about stupid work problems when I should be sleeping.

9) Lying awake listening to sounds outside the house; trying to convince self no one's actually attempting to steal our cars.

8) Worrying about how the Rangers are ever going to make the playoffs thanks to that most recent loss to ____________ or after they surely lose their next game against _________.

7) Wondering how they really get all those planes to stay up in the air.

6) Imagining who'd win in a real fight between Superman and the Hulk.

5) Trying to remember just what it felt like this morning, when I was so damned tired I could barely climb out of bed, unlike now, when I'm wide awake.

4) Writing short stories in my head that'll seem like crap when I think about them in the cold light of day.

3) Listening to Vicki breathing; thinking how lucky I am.

2) Quizzing myself on the first twenty-five issues of the first run of The Avengers.

1) Not fucking sleeping!!!!

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

My top 2:

1) Elliot
2) Maya

Anonymous said...

Aw...me breathing. And me tossing and turning. And Lucy walking in to the room to see what we are doing.
Yes all of your top 10 rang really true. Too bad you can't just turn that brain of yours off.

Anonymous said...

What no worrying about me anymore?? geez