Thursday, November 16, 2006

PlayStation 3 launches tonight

In a perfect world, I'd be buying myself a PS/3 this weekend. I like my PS/2 a lot, and I'm looking forward to getting the new platform along with a few new games to play on it. I'm not a big gamer but I do enjoy it when I can find the time. And I have the money readily available to pay the $700 or $800 for the toy.

Of course I probably won't actually be getting my new PS/3 for a few more months. Not because I want to delay its arrival beyond the year or more that we've already spent waiting for it to come out; but all I've read makes me believe it'll be months before there're enough PS/3s out there that you can just walk in and buy one off the shelf, which is when I plan to get one.

This seemed like a good thing to blog about today, so I can look back once I get one and see how accurate my prediction turned out to be. Here's hoping I was overly pessimistic about the availability, but I won't be losing any sleep over it if I wasn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because of the high demand they'll all be gone?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

That's the way they launch new platforms. They don't have enough to match the demand. Same thing happened with XBox 360s.. then people bought them on eBay for more than the sticker price, for weeks or months after the launch.