Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"Won't Have Nixon To Kick Around Any More"

I always thought that Tricky Dick quote applied to when he was forced to resign the Presidency in 1974, but apparently it was actually from 1962, after he lost in the California gubernatorial race. It's such a perfect emblematic quotation for him, regardless of the circumstance, stinking as it does of sour grapes and poor loserness.

In that same spirit, I'm coming to the conclusion that my idea of having silly little Ask the Agile Manager segments during the company meetings isn't coming across the way I'd hoped. Among the survey data from last week were several comments singling that part of the 2 hours out as something the respondent:

a) didn't enjoy
b) found long-winded and boring
c) thought was a waste of time
d) would be better served in an e-mail thread or forum topic.

I'm tempted to fire off a "Won't Have The Agile Manager To Kick Around Any More" e-mail but of course the reference would be lost on most, so what would be the point? And really, this is the sort of feedback we want, so being petty about the results would just be stupid.

Instead, I think d) above is the way to go. Clearly, even as shown right here, I do better with written communication than verbal, so why not take Ask the Agile Manager electronic and allow myself the time to craft exactly what I want to say, without worrying that I'll butcher it in the delivery (as I usually do)? And this way, anyone who doesn't care doesn't have to even read it, and I'll reach a more interested (albeit smaller) audience. Again, just like blogging!! :-)

So you read it here first! Now I just have to find the time to slap together an e-mail about it at work and make the move from live-and-in-person to recorded-and-in-text!

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Why not host it on your blog?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

That is one scary thought, mister!