Monday, November 27, 2006

My Hard Working Wife

Having to spend a day in Toronto on business is nothing new for my wife, but today she really got the short straw. Because of a meeting that was scheduled to begin early in the day, and another meeting that would go beyond 4:00 pm, she ended up having to book the earlist train there and the latest train back. This means she'll have been on the go from about 6:00 am when she left the house until around 7:30 pm when she gets home. Because of the limited daylight and ideal weather conditions today, I rode my bike to work but then ended up working a mere 6.5 hours. This means Vicki will have worked more than twice as many hours as me today! (She's working hard; I'm hardly working!) The fact that she's on contract means she actually gets paid for all of those hours, which is certainly much better than some of the long days I've put in over the years without any special compensation to show for it. But it's still a marathon of a day.

And the funniest part of it all is that she'll have sat beside someone on the train home who will have talked to her the whole way. Hell on Earth is the way I'd describe that sort of thing, whereas she genuinely seems to enjoy the experience!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, made me laugh to see this post. And yes, this time I sat next to a very interesting guy that used to work at CT in IT so we had a great time playing the do you remember Lee Brady game! And that is right, we talked for the entire two hours and I carried my book to and fro again for no good reason!