Thursday, November 23, 2006

Let the Weekend Begin (For Some of Us At Least)

Hectic day at the office today, which is typical for the last one before a vacation day. There're always last minute things that come up once someone realizes I'm not going to be around until Monday of next week, so I had those to deal with in the afternoon.

But it was all worth it once I was able to put on my helmet, climb onto my bicycle and head out for a 3-day'er. At the tail end of an afternoon in which the temperature in our part of the office managed to climb to 25 or 26 degrees, a nice cool ride into a November sunset was terrific.

Vicki's working tomorrow so I have the house to myself, which is nice occasionally. I'm planning to go out in the morning for a couple hours and get that nasty Christmas shopping out of the way, in line with my plan to have it done by the 25th of this month. I'm hoping the mall won't be too busy on a Friday morning, a month before Christmas, but I guess I'll find out!

Last I heard Tammy was coming over for at least part of the weekend, which could mean more Babylon5 watching and Halo2 playing for us! I've got no work hanging over my head right now so there's lots of room in my schedule for fun stuff like that over the next three days.

Which reminds me: Night # 3 of sleeping after not reading work e-mail in the evening went very well. I only woke up once, and that was when Vicki got up for some reason, and then I fell back asleep. So I'm 2-for-3 in terms of good night's sleep and that's a pretty amazing stat, given my long, long history of poor sleeping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to it too!

Anonymous said...

Ah, no work reading at night....that is an interesting tack to take.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.