Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Because No One Demanded It: More Cap Stuff!



Today I got my final birthday presents from Vicki for this year: two pieces of original artwork! The first features both Captain America and his girlfriend Sharon, as they race across some rooftops (shown to the left; Captain America # 20, page 4). Ironically, I'd pointed this page out to Vicki, and she'd ordered it from the artist's agent, long before the significance of having those two characters together in a piece of artwork became such that it is, following the events of last week. But it was with a heavy heart today that I looked at the two unsuspecting young lovers, there in all of their glorious pen work by Steve Epting...

The other piece that I got from Vicki was a 2nd page from the Superman: War of the Worlds one-shot by Michael Lark. Like the other page I have, this one shows a Golden Age style Man of Steel going up against some Martian war machines, and what could be cooler than that? I now have pages 23 and 33, for those that wonder about such things.

No comments: