Friday, March 02, 2007

That's General Kimota94, To You, Buster!

Finally got my promotion to full (4-star) General today! It's going to be a long haul at this rank, I suspect, as it's looking like over 20,000 XPs are required to get past it. But that's OK, as it still feels pretty good to be the second highest rank in the game, if you don't take the pips into consideration (6th highest, if you do).

I played 5 games in the early part of this evening. In the first two, I stunk, barely breaking the 100 pt barrier and being slightly negative in terms of kills-to-deaths. Then the last three saw me finish in the top 5 each time, with 190 pts or more, including a 2nd place finish with 236 pts, and was about +20 in k-to-d over the three games. I'm not sure if this was just a case of taking a couple games to warm up, or a reflection of who I played against. It didn't seem like I was playing that differently, and yet the results were worlds apart. Such are the vagaries of online play, I suppose!

No comments: