Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oh, And I Got Promoted Yesterday, Too

I forgot to mention yesterday that I did in fact receive my promotion to Supreme Commander in online play for Resistance: Fall of Man. As the rank's name suggests, this is as high as you go. I can still earn my 2nd and 3rd pips, but that's about it. It wasn't the climactic moment I'd hoped for, though, coming as it did on a day when I couldn't do shit in the game! I actually had one team deathmatch where I finished with 15 fewer kills than deaths! Vicki walked in during the afternoon when I was in one of the worst ruts, and I said, through clenched teeth, "Now's not a good time to be watching..." which was rude of me, to be sure. For whatever silly reason, I was expecting to do well in the game (I'd been doing well, I was promoted to Supreme Commander, and it was my birthday for God's sake!), but reality had other plans.

Anyway, I decided against playing last night, and we watched Where the Truth Lies on DVD instead. We both enjoyed it, but it's going to be one of those movies I'm going to have think about for awhile before I really form any opinion. I find that's the case with many of Atom Egoyan's films, so no big surprise there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Timing is always important.