Monday, March 19, 2007

The View From The Top Of The World

Tonight, while playing online with Boneman, I got the final eXperience Points that I needed to reach the summit of ranks within Resistance: Fall of Man. I'm now a Supreme Commander with 3 pips, and can go no higher. You do get a special promotion message when you achieve that rank, which I wondered about.

I've almost made it to another short-term goal in the game, which is to get my kills-to-death differential to +1000. As of tonight's play, I'm sitting at +974, so it shouldn't take too much longer. As Boneman pointed out, another goal should be to get additional awards in the game, which would require me to start using some of the weapons I've not gotten many kills with as of yet. I actually used the Auger a bit tonight, and added 4 more kills with it in one game, taking my total to 64. The toughest ones for me are sniper rifle (currently: 2 kills), flamethrower (13) and arc charger (16). If I could build all four of those up to 100, I think that would be 4 more awards.

It's good to have goals...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget to got back to your default controller setting so you can get your melee kills above..well..zero! I'd be happy to stand there while you give me the but end of your carbine to my chops!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Good point! I keep meaning to explore the various pre-defined controller setups in case there's one in there that has the Zoom function already mapped where I want it...

Anonymous said...

So how is the Resistance phase going? Now that you've reached a goal, is it starting to wane?