Saturday, March 17, 2007

New Recurring Dream

I'm not happy about this, but last night I had a dream - the premise of which I've had before - that I have to assume is now going to be a recurring scenario. Which means it'll join my "stuck far from home and unable to get home", "trying to dial a phone number and keep screwing it up", and "about to take a university exam but haven't been attending the lectures or studying" repeaters, among others.

The dream goes something like: Vicki and I (and last night Tammy was there, too) are back at our old house, but after awhile I realize that we shouldn't be there and the dream morphs into us having gone into the house while its current owners are out. There are various reasons for this - last night, I don't even remember what it was - but there's always a panic point when I realize we've trespassed and need to get out of there before we're caught. In the most recent version, it was the next morning, and guests of the other people were waking up and coming out to find us in the living room, just as we were about to pack up and get the Hell out of there. Apparently they'd been so drunk the night before that they didn't remember we hadn't been there partying with them, so then all three of us started making up stories about what had gone on during the drunkfest. And meanwhile I'm trying as hard as I can to collect all of our stuff, not wanting to leave anything behind that could identify us once we're gone and they finally realize we shouldn't have been there.

There was also a little subplot about how the front door lock didn't work, which I think is how I finally realized (outside the dream) that we didn't really live there. I knew that we'd have been robbed blind if that were the case, since (in the real world) we'd been broken into twice in eight years while living there, with a very good lock!

Anyway, it's a very frustrating dream for me to have, because I'm in an elevated state of stress pretty much all of the way through, once I realize we don't live there and therefore shouldn't be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad it wasn't my fault that we were in the house!