Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ode To Joy

Today is the 16th anniversary of the day Vicki and I got married. That event happened on a cool Friday in early March, 1991. We tied the knot at the Justice of the Peace's office, took some wedding photos in our backyard, and went out to dinner with a very small group of friends and family. Given that Vicki'd been married twice before, and I had the type of personality many thought would never find anyone willing to put up with it, I suspect the betting line was against the marriage lasting even 5 years, let alone the mark we hit today. So I'm pleased as punch to be able to stick my tongue out at all those doubters and say what a great ride it's been so far!

Vicki told me today that, not only has it not felt like 16 years, but she's reached a point where she can't imagine her life without me. My feeling was more along the lines of, I can't even remember what my life before she came into it was like, because it was a pale shadow of what it's been since meeting her. Neither one of us ever takes the other for granted - her, because that's the way she goes through life; me, because I know she's already dumped a couple losers before me who didn't appreciate what they had - and that probably helps keep things fresh in the relationship.

Tonight, I received a terrific Golden Age comic from her: All Star Comics # 18, featuring the Justice Society of America, from the early 1940s! Those who visit here regularly know how much I love the JSA!!

Vicki got a book (from her Wants list) and a pair of pearl earrings that she'd helped pick out, after I told her how much trouble I was having this year coming up with gift ideas for her. So I'd say we both made out very well this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!!