Friday, March 16, 2007

Blogging Done Right

In the last few weeks, my favourite blog to visit has been Newsarama's. This comic-related blog site often reminds me of my own, since it gets multiple updates daily, has a variety of topics covered (all comic-related, obviously) and is fun to read (I like to think mine is, anyway...)

In looking at it today, though, I realized for the first time that it's actually authored by a host of contributors! I'd never bothered looking at the tagline of any of the articles, but today I did, and counted at least half a dozen different names just in the last few days! Funny that I'd finally discover another blog as prolific as mine only to learn that it uses a bunch of people to do what I have to accomplish all by myself!

Which made me think: maybe all of us in this part of the blogosphere should start up a group blog, on some theme that we're all interested in, and then contribute individually to it? No, that's OK, I didn't really think you'd be interested...

5 comments:

Tammy said...

hey that was my idea! but yes i still support it and would be happy to contribute

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

You had an idea??

I vaguely recall something but didn't really understand what you were getting at.

Anonymous said...

Given the right topic I'd be in. As mentioned on Tammy's original post I could also set up a "planet" to act as a virtual shared blog. Either way, no big whoop. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: the Watchmen don't wear watches, and aren't men. Discuss.

cjguerra said...

I'd be interested. I like collaborative efforts. Plus I've always found it easier to write when there is some small germ of an idea from someone. The only thing is that people don't always wanna go where I've been....

Anyway, still sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

all the really good indie music Blogs are written by 9 or 10 contributors. I think they were generally started by one person and then burn-out/offers of help set in.

Ie Songs:Illinois

(I'm posting this one because of the obvious source name)

http://songsillinoismp3.blogspot.com/

and my fav - La blogotheque (take away shows) - indie bands walking through the streets of Paris singing songs. It's spawned a twin New York Version and the many many hands are creating these great music videos.

http://www.blogotheque.net/concertaemporter/