Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Time Change Happened And The World Didn't End?

What a relief to wake up this morning (at 10:31, which quickly became 11:31), see Vicki working away on her PC (it wasn't a brick!), surfing the Internet (it didn't break in half!!), adding comments to my blog (its contents weren't overwritten by a random string of zeroes and ones when Skynet assumed control during the time change!!!) and generally unaware of anything having happened.

Of a humourous note: our new-ish coffee maker has a clock display on it (making me think of Skynet once again, but I digress) and for whatever reason, it's been an hour fast for the past several weeks. I suspect Vicki accidentally hit one of the cryptic buttons on its control panel, thus prematurely launching it an hour into the future, but that's just a theory... Anyway, I noticed the discrepancy awhile back but decided that I'd just wait for the time change to correct it, since what was the point in setting it back an hour only to then have to set it forward again... which must be how the whole Daylight Savings Time phenenomon strikes some individuals, now that I think about it! Be that as it may, this morning I took special pleasure in noting that the coffee maker was now showing the correct time, and I didn't have to figure out its obscure UI while I was setting the other dozen clocks and watches forward an hour...

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I thought I was so good getting up early at 830 to study, only to find that I had mysteriously lost an hour in the walk from my bed to the living room! Very depressing.

So this means it'll be dark in the morning again but sunnier longer ... I'll take that.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that is exactly what happened to the coffee maker...and it has a good UI...or I couldn't have accidentally changed the time!
Oh, and that wasn't the only clock in the house that was 'accidentally' ahead.