Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Funny Little Story

Boneman and I were messengering back and forth this morning (since we currently sit on different floors at work) about recent Resistance: Fall of Man online events, as we often do first thing in the morning, and I happened to mention that I didn't remember what rank I'd had when I got my first Deathmatch win. I remembered the map (Grimsby) and I recalled taking the photo of the TV screen and posting it, but I couldn't have said if I was a Major, or Colonel, or what.

I typed, "I may have to check out my blog tonight to find out" and promptly stopped thinking about it, and then about a minute later, Boneman wrote back, "You were a Lieutenant-Colonel, and it happened on Feb 7th!"

Two things occurred to me as I read his message:

1) It's great to have an online diary, where things like this are captured for posterity and are so easy to find.

2) It's great to have a friend like the Boneman, who'd go looking for someone like that, without even being asked, just because we're talking about it, and because he's as into the game as I am!

That sort of thing can go a long way toward making up for some of the crap that happens at work on occasion.

No comments: