Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Exciting Comics Coming Out Tomorrow (Mar 6th Edition)

This week boasts an unusually large batch of comics for the Wednesday before my birthday, which has often coincided with a "skip week" in past years (since most comics come out monthly, but comics come to the stores weekly, that leaves 4 weeks each year during which very few comics arrive.. sometimes as few as 2 or 3 of the ones I buy!)

52 # 44 - The final 10 issues of this weekly series are being promoted as "big", and certainly last week's was, ending as it did with one of characters being bitten in half by an intelligent crocodile who'd pretended to be his friend (I don't make this stuff up)!

Justice League of America (Vol II) # 6 - Even though the last issue by Brad Meltzer was a bit slow, I'm hopeful for good things again as we build up to the huge JLA/JSA crossover.

Manhunter
# 29 - Back from the brink of cancellation, this entertaining little-title-that-could can now be read without that niggling fear that its days are numbered.

Captain America # 25 - Cap's in jail following the events of Civil War # 7 so what's going to happen in his own title? Lots of shower scenes ("Don't bend over to pick up that soap, Avenger!") or thugs finding out that Cap's not locked in with them, they're the ones trapped with him? (Watchmen reference; couldn't resist.) Since Ed Brubaker's writing it, I'm so there to find out!

Mighty Avengers # 1 - Spinning out of Civil War is this second Avengers title, this one featuring the officially-sanctioned branch of the team, operating as an arm of the government. I'm not sure how likable that's going to make the team in my books, but I'll happily give it a try. And with the same person writing this series and the other one - New Avengers - there're sure to be lots of dust-ups between the two groups, operating on opposite sides of the law as they are!

And of course I also get to return my extra copy of Supergirl and the LSH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if someone approached DC about a possible Manhunter movie...lots of actresses looking for good roles.