Monday, March 19, 2007

Superman Solo, Or In The JLA, On The Silver Screen?

I know which one I'd pick, if I had to choose between a Superman Returns sequel, or Supes in a JLA movie. And my lukewarm response to Singer's first super-foray only has... well, a lot to do with my choice!

Anyway, the rumour today is that they'll skip the solo sequel - for awhile - in order to fasttrack a JLA film, including Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel. I particularly liked the observation that Marvel's sort of pioneered this approach by making the second Fantastic Four movie showcase the Silver Surfer. One of the great assets both Marvel and DC have is their pantheon of fascinating characters, which Hollywood has traditionally done poorly at taking advantage of. I know the business reason is that it costs more to option additional characters, but the publishing houses need to make it happen in order to benefit in the long term.

No comments: