Sunday, February 25, 2007

And The Oscar Goes To...

Remember when they used to say, "And the winner is..." right before opening each envelope? I think they changed that so as to make it seem less about winning and losing, but maybe that was just my interpretation of why the wording morphed into its current state.

Anyway, we'll be watching tonight's festivities on "tape delay", as we have guests coming over for dinner. I'm thinking that, given how boring some of the sections are anyway, this may be the right way to view the Academy Awards every year! As usual, neither Vicki nor I have seen many of the nominated films. That often takes away from some of the investment I might otherwise have in the outcome in each category. But it can't really be helped, as I'm not about to go out to the theatre more often than my typical two to four times each year, what with how annoying it is to sit with hundreds of people who mistake the darkened venue for their living room - where talking through the movie, after all, is somewhat acceptable. I'll be rooting for An Inconvenient Truth, of course. And I'm sure Pan's Labyrinth must be up for something, in which case I hope it wins because it was thoroughly enjoyable. There're probably a couple more that I've seen that I'll cross my fingers for (or against) while watching the show, but that's about it.

3 comments:

Mike Marsman said...

Ally has a perverse fascination with celebrity, she's already claimed the TV in the name of Oscar.

That's fine by me since Global has Heroe's on at 9pm tonight - I'll be watching that upstairs, a whole day early!

Unknown said...

I came here to share some complaints about some of the minor details in tonight's Heros ep... guess I'll save them for now.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Yeah, maybe hold off until sometime after tomorrow night's airing, since that's when most of us will see it. But looking forward to hearing what you have to say.