Monday, November 13, 2006

Now in Bloggerific TechnoGoogle

Finally bit the bullet and agreed to move to the new version of Blogger that's all Google-ified. Had to create a Google account and then wait patiently while all 124 previous posts were moved over (seemed to take nearly an hour from what I could tell).

The dashboard itself is a bit different (don't like it as much just yet but that's possibly just change aversion speaking) but what's visible from the outside doesn't seem to have changed much. One thing I've noticed is that I can't jump down through old posts the way I used to, when viewing the blog as anyone else would. I used to just click on the earliest title showing on the right hand side, and then repeat (since the titles would always start at the entry that was now at the top of the page). With only a few clicks I could quickly get down to whatever entry I was looking for... now I think I have to page, and possibly resort to the Archives link if the one I'm seeking isn't among the batch that are included on the main page. Not crazy about that change!

No comments: